Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Thinker



There are certain moments of your birth that I remember. But the one that sticks out is when the Dr. brought you to me while I was laying on the operating table. I looked over at you, not knowing what you would look like, and one single tear fell from my eye when I saw your crazy red hair and heard you crying. You were my first. There will never be another you...another first. And because of that - you are so special. I learned with you how to be a better person...a selfless person. You became the reason I wanted to BE. Everything I did...and still do...is all for you.

You are a thinker. You have an explanation for every idea and thought that you have. How amazing and rational our world would be if we all had that logic. Creative, oh yes!!! Drawings upon drawings cover the refrigerator and dishwasher and washing machine...I love that about you. It reminds me of myself...and what I wish I hadn't lost. You are such a chatterbox! And one day the world will listen. You are going to do great, great things. Loud, passionate...sassy, of course. You are your mama's boy. But I think you do a better job of it than I.

I am content with how I've raised you, but I am PROUD at who you've chosen to become. Happy 7th birthday to my interesting, never boring freckle-faced first. I love you more than you will ever, ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment